Travel 2018: Paris, France

0 Comments
Paris is always a good idea. - Audrey Hepburn
When I was a little girl, I always dreamed of going to Paris to see the Eiffel Tower. All the movies and photographs made me feel it is such a romantic place. So on my second time in Europe, I made it a point to visit Paris for three days!

How to get there?
I went to Paris via train after my Belgium trip. Check out my trip to Brussels and Antwerp here. I took the Thalys train from Bruxelles-Midi to Paris-Noord for EUR50. Travel time is around an hour and 20 minutes.

Where to stay?
I stayed at The Loft Boutique Hostel in an 8-bed Dormitory Room for EUR38 a night. It was a decent hostel with all the basic hostel needs and free breakfast. The staffs are very accommodating and the location is also near the train station. They can also keep your belongings if you have already checked out but want to spend the rest of your time strolling Paris without your luggage.

Where to go?
Day 1 - Louvre Museum



Louvre Museum is one of the most famous landmark in Paris. It is the largest and also the most visited museum in the world. It houses almost 38,000 art pieces so make sure to allot ample time to see all the important and world-renowned art works of all time.




Location: Musée du Louvre, 75001 Paris, France
Entrance Fee: EUR17



Day 2. Paris Tour
The first day of my Paris trip was just about Louvre. I arrived in the afternoon and a day was not enough to see everything inside the museum. For my second day, I explored the rest of Paris. Here are some of the places I visited:
From left to right: Palais Royal, Chatelet, Pompidou Center, Boulevard Haussman, Paris Opera, Place Vendome, Hotel de Ville, The Pantheon and Cathedral Notre Dame.
It was a day of walkathon from one attraction to another. Of course, I did not end the day without the Eiffel Tower!

Day 3. Paris and more
For the third day, I visited some of the places I wanted to visit but missed out during the second day.
From left to right: Sacre Coeur Cathedral, Arc de Triomphe and Shakespeare and Co.
Of course, I went back to see the Eiffel for one last time before I come back to Amsterdam.

Paris travel tips:
  • It is easy to go around by foot or by public transportation. Just make sure you download an offline map to avoid getting lost. 
  • A single-use metro ticket is EUR1.90. You can buy in bulk to save some euros.
  • Be aware of Paris scams. Being one of the most touristic cities in the world, there are a lot of scam gimmicks in the city. Be vigilant at all times.
  • Beware of pickpockets.
  • If you are a student, bring your student IDs. Some attractions are free for students.




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.