Travel 2018: Singapore (Part I)

0 Comments
Let's explore Singapore, lah!

Tagged as the most expensive city in the world, Singapore is definitely a first world haven for modern sophistication. I am awed by the orderliness, cleanliness and efficiency of the city. Here is my travel guide to help you plan your trip to SG.

Money Exchange and Visa for Filipinos
I bought SGD before going to Singapore through Czarina as they offer better exchange rates compared to other money changers and banks. If you are already in Singapore, the best place to exchange would be at Lucky Plaza in Orchard. Avoid exchanging your money at the airport because their rates are always low.
There is no need to apply for a visa if you are visiting as a tourist. Philippine passport holders can enter Singapore for a maximum of 30 days.

Internet connection in Singapore
As a solo traveler, it is a necessity for me to stay connected to avoid getting lost. Since I am also traveling to Malaysia after Singapore, I purchased a StarHub Happy Travel Sim Card for SGD32. The sim card comes with a free 15GB local data and 2GB roaming data (which I can use in Malaysia) valid for 10 days. I purchased it from the UOB Money Changer in Changi Airport. Know more about the sim here. In terms of user experience, I didn't had a problem with the sim card both in Singapore and Malaysia.

Going around Singapore
Taxi and TNVS (like Uber and Grab) are available in Singapore but, of course, they are way more expensive than using public transportation. Thus, I recommend to explore Singapore via trains and buses as they are also fast and efficient.

Purchase an EZ link card in order to pay for your bus and train fares. You can avail this from any ticket office at any train station or Changi Recommends Store. You can also avail a special EZ Link card for tourists that has unlimited access to buses and trains around Singapore for 1-3 days.

My Singapore Itinerary
Day 1 - Downtown Core Area 
Merlion Park is the most famous tourist attraction in Singapore. It is where the iconic Merlion (half-lion, half -fish mythical creature) is located. From here, you can also see the Marina Bay Sands, Helix Bridge and Singapore Flyer.
From Merlion Park, you can take the road entering Anderson Bridge. Around the area, you can see Victorian-inspired buildings like the National Gallery Singapore and Victoria Theatre.
At night, take time to visit the Gardens Rhapsody light and sand show at Gardens by the Bay (7:45PM and 8:45PM daily). Entrance at the area is free but if you like to enter the Flower Dome and Cloud Forest you need to get a ticket at SGD28.

Day 2 - Sentosa Attractions and Universal Studios Singapore
Go to Sentosa via cable car for a stunning 360-degree view of Southern Singapore. From the top, you will see the views of Mount Faber Park, Resorts World Sentosa and Universal Studios Singapore. You can take a cable car from Harbourfront tower. I availed my unlimited Cable Car Skypass from Klook.
From the cable car, I got off at Imbiah Lookout and explored the area. You can also check out the Butterfly Garden, 4D Adventureland, Madame Tussauds and Sentosa Merlion from here.
I spent most of my second day in Universal Studios Singapore. I availed a discounted ticket from Klook. To avoid long lines, especially during weekends and holidays, consider availing the Express ticket. You will be prioritized in all of the rides which will save you a lot of time.

Travel Tip: Always check out Klook for good deals and discounted tour/ticket rates. They have offers for top Asian destinations like Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan and a lot more!

Watch out for my next blog for the continuation of my Singapore adventure!



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.