Travel 2019: Da Nang, Vietnam

0 Comments
Up for a foodtrip? Let's go!
When you think about a trip to Vietnam, Da Nang would probably not land at the top of your list. Even so, I would like to show you that this coastal city of Vietnam deserves a spot in your itinerary.

Where to stay?
There are two options when deciding where to stay in Da Nang -- either you stay by the river or stay by the beach.
The city center is the area of Hai Chau by the Han river. This is where the restaurants, markets, street vendors and bars are. On the other hand, My Khe is another area you may wanna look at if you want to stay near the beach side.
I visited Da Nang last December 2019. It was rainy so I chose to stay near the city center. I booked a mixed dormitory room in The Vietnam Hostel. It is a pretty decent hostel and it has a very good location -- walking distance by the market and a few meters away from the Dragon Bridge.

What to do?
Da Nang is not as famous as Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh but it has great spots that make it a unique Vietnamese city. Here are the places that I recommend for you to check out:
  • Ba Na Hills 
  • Marble Mountains
  • Dragon Bridge
  • Da Nang Night Market
  • My Khe Beach
The Dragon Bridge is hard to miss when you are in Da Nang. It is one of the main bridges that crosses the Han River. Every weekends at 9PM, locals and tourists gather on each side of the river to watch the dragon breath fire and water.

Where to eat?
Since I came in the city in a not-so-good weather, I decided to still make the most out of it by looking for the best places to eat. I rarely do food trip posts but I really enjoyed eating in Vietnam so here it is!
Bun Thit Nuong
A classic street food favorite is Bun Thit Nuong. It is basically grilled pork with vermicelli noodles. You can find this easily from street vendors of Da Nang but I highly recommend the stall in 110 Nguyen Cong Try. It is only open at night and a little outside the city center but it's worth the trip.

Bep Hen 
I've read several reviews about this restaurant and I knew I just had to check it out. This vintage restaurant will make you feel as if you are eating at home.
The food is incredibly good too. I tried their caramelized prawn and spare ribs and tofu in lemongrass and chili. You'll never regret coming here. It is just the right comfort food I needed on a rainy day.

Com Ga Quay
Another Da Nang street food favorite is Com Ga Quay which is rice with stir-fried chicken. Com Ga A Hai is the best place to get this in Da Nang.

Banh Mi
You've never been to Vietnam if you haven't get a bite of this famous Vietnamese bread. You will never get a hard time looking for this because they are everywhere! This specific stall is from Cho Dem Son Tra -- Da Nang's night market by the end of Dragon Bridge.

Merkat
If you're looking for something different and outside the Asian cuisine, Merkat is the place to be. This Spanish restaurant is authentic as it can get. The place is owned by a Spanish couple and all of their ingredients are imported from Europe.

Thai Market Restaurant
After indulging myself on Vietnamese noodles, I had a craving for some Thai food. Thai Market Restaurant is just the right place to get some decent Thai cuisine.

Cong Ca Phe
Of course, Vietnam trip is not complete without coffee. Cong Ca Phe is one of the most famous coffee shops in the area. The hip vibe of the cafe is very instagrammable!
Their coffee did not disappoint either!

I was in Da Nang for just a few days but I'm sure I gained a lot of pounds during that trip. No regrets though!
Any questions about Da Nang? Just hit me up! :) Safe travels!






You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.